How to book your COVID vaccination appointment in Hong Kong
Update April 1st:
BioNTech vaccinations will resume on Monday, April 5th 2021.
• At the request of BioNTech vaccinations were stopped on March 24th.
• BioNTech submitted a report to Hong Kong Government today saying there were no problems with the vaccine itself.
• 300,000 doses of BioNTech vaccines are arriving tomorrow morning in Hong Kong.
• If you have an appointment on April 5th or after you may proceed to your appointment as scheduled.
• If you have an appointment for your second shot on April 4th or before. The government will assign a new appointment for you between April 5th - April 10th.
Mr.Nip stresses that you go to the appointment the government reassigns to you if possible. Its very important to get the second shot before April 10th.
• If you have an appointment for your first shot from March 24th – April 4th, the government will make a new appointment for you.
An SMS will be sent to you with instructions.
• The booking system will reopen Saturday morning (Apr 3th) at 0900 hours.
• 21 Centers will be open on Monday for vaccinations. Queen Elizabeth Stadium and Ho Man Tin Sports Center are 2 new additional centers.
Two ways where you can get your Sinovac/ BioNTech vaccine in Hong Kong:
- Private clinics: you do not need to book through the government online system. Make your appointment directly with a private clinic. List of participating doctors: click here.
- Community Vaccination Centers/ Government Outpatient Clinics: make your appointment here.
Currently priorities are given to the following groups:
- Persons aged 60 years or above (a maximum of two carers who accompany elderly people aged 70 or above can also receive vaccination);
- Personnel in healthcare settings and those participating in anti-epidemic related work;
- Residents and staff of residential care homes for the elderly / persons with disabilities;
- Personnel maintaining critical public services; and
- Personnel providing cross-boundary transportation or working at control points and ports.
For more information please click here.