JOB DESCRIPTION -- MARKETING INTERN --
The Dutch Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong, founded in 1991, is an independent international business association, representing Dutch or Dutch-related companies of all sizes that have a stake in developing trade in, with, or through Hong Kong.
It is a member-driven, non-profit, non-governmental organisation of business people, and sustains itself through membership subscriptions, advertisements and events.
The Chamber has over 140 companies and members ranging from global market leading multinationals to SMEs and start-ups.
The Marketing Intern supports all marketing activities in regards to Dutch Chamber member’s strategy. From organising functions and events to engage with existing members. Research, organisational talent and networking skills are just a few of the qualities you will have to use in this internship.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct support to the Marketing & Events Manager
- Writing content for newsletter
- Help refine social media strategy and best practices to improve visibility of Dutch Chamber in business community and to strengthen engagement with members
- Develop and actively promote online advertising related to themes (website and events)
- Assist in managing social media channels (primarily LinkedIn) and editorial calendar to ensure content is timely, relevant, and engaging
- Assist in organising events for different committees
- Keep our online business directory up to date and assist at updating our annual paperback business directory
- Keen to stay informed on new social media trends and adapt accordingly
- Ability to take initiative and manage projects from start to finish
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English, Dutch speaking ability is a plus
- Ability to meet deadlines and to anticipate next steps or needs
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Understands and can utilise emerging platforms, digital media, and web/social media management and measurement tools (e.g. Google Analytics,…)
- Google tracking and analytics experience is a plus
- A bachelor’s degree (or currently enrolled in a program) in Journalism, Communication & MMD, (Digital) Marketing Management, Digital Marketing & Social Media or Commercial Economics gets priority
- Full time internship (5 days), no 9 – 5 mentality
- Résumé building experience in marketing and communications management, and other aspects of community relations, inter-cultural marketing and the Hong Kong and international business environment
- Ample network opportunities
- Learn first-hand how non-profit member driven organisations operate and what happens behind the scenes
- Get valuable insights into Hong Kong's business industries and about advancing Netherlands - Hong Kong - China business relations
General Manager and Marketing & Events Manager