We are hiring! Marketing & Event Manager
The Dutch Chamber of Commerce is looking for a Marketing and Event Manager. Interested in this position? Please let us know!
About the Dutch Chamber:
The Dutch Chamber of Commerce, founded in 1991, is an independent international business association, representing Dutch or Dutch-related companies of all sizes and individuals that have a stake in developing trade in, with, or through Hong Kong. It is a member-driven, non-profit, non-governmental organisation of business people, and sustains itself through membership subscriptions, advertisements and events.
The Chamber has over 350 individuals and 160 companies as member ranging from global market leading multinationals, SMEs and startups.
Position reports to:
Primary duties & responsibilities:
- Managing all 60+ events of the Chamber, ranging from business seminars and workshops to social cocktails. Events need to be managed from beginning to end, in close collaboration with committees, member companies and sponsors;
- Coordination of all the Chambers’ publications: (1) bi-monthly DutchCham Magazine (2) annual Business Directory and the (3) annual Guide to Setting-up a Business in Hong Kong. This includes deciding on themes and content as well as all communication with the Publications Committee, the publisher, editor and contributors;
- Manage the website, weekly direct mailings and social media;
- Responsible for advertising (strategy) in the above mentioned communication channels;
- Build an amicable relationship with members, the Dutch community, international Chambers, governmental organisations as well as the Consulate General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands;
- Membership engagement, incl. acquiring new members;
- Responsible for the Dutch Chamber Mentorship Program, linking Young Professional members to senior executive members;
- Participating in member committees of the Dutch Chamber.
Profile & qualifications:
- Experience with event/project management – organizational & time management skills are required;
- Experience with publications. Good writing and editing skills in English and Dutch are a must, as well as attention for detail and ability to meet deadlines;
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels; proven working experience in social media marketing, especially LinkedIn;
- Highly independent position. Ability to take initiative, employ good judgment, and manage projects from beginning to end is a must;
- Creative skills, experience with graphic design (canva/InDesign);
- Proactive and outgoing team player;
- Flexible – no 9-5 mentality – and able to anticipate easily;
- Good communication skills with tact and diplomacy;
- Fluent in both English and Dutch; good knowledge of Cantonese is a plus.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this position, please contact the Dutch Chamber via email@example.com and/or send your motivation letter together with your resume to the General Manager, Tom Bakker via firstname.lastname@example.org.