Telum Media is an exciting young company established in 2013 to provide an Asia Pacific media database and news service to PR agencies and corporates around the region. The goal is to continue improving and growing this region’s only media-professional database.
The primary focus of the role will be to generate leads and complete sales for the Telum Media database product. This is an industry facing role therefore the highest standards of integrity and friendliness are required. The candidate will be expected to deliver to targets and work with a high level of professionalism. As a Manager in the Sales team, you will support colleagues in building your own and their diaries to maximise the potential number of pitches.
Sales require clear explanation and demonstration of Telum Media’s products and therefore you will have great attention to detail and be self-motivated with a great understanding of the product. The role will also include some research into the media industry and adding media and journalists profiles to ensure the quality of the database for the region.
You will be responsible for the industry’s expectation of you as an ‘ambassador’ of Telum Media. You should understand and reflect the culture of the business. You will also need to work closely with Telum Media colleagues from our offices in Singapore, Hong Kong, Sydney and London on any sales projects. This role is based in Hong Kong, but because of the nature of the company and the work we do, there may be an element of travel involved.
The successful applicant will be a professional and confident communicator capable of quickly forming professional relationships within our team, building the confidence of prospective clients and other media industry figures.
They will ideally have experience of working in a PR agency, or within the media world, although this is not essential.
· Generate sales leads and secure sales of the Telum Media Database in Hong Kong and across the region under the direction of Senior Manager, Sales.
· Balance of work load and tasks, communicating effectively with team members to reliably implement assignments on deadline.
· Reporting to Associate Director in Hong Kong
· Excellent sales skills essential
· Confident phone manner and cold-calling abilities
· Enthusiastic about maintaining standards
· Working to deadlines
· Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in all work
· Ability to work in a team and self-motivate
· Professional level English (required), Cantonese (required), Mandarin (desired)
Follow this link to apply