JOB DESCRIPTION -- MARKETING INTERN --
The Marketing Intern supports all marketing activities in regards to Dutch Chamber member’s strategy. From organising functions and events to engage with existing members to setting out a new strategy to attract new members. Research, organisation talent and networking skills are just a few of the qualities you will have to use in this internship. Understanding how to use social media and digital marketing to formulate a new plan to improve the current strategy.
Furthermore, the Marketing Intern will assist in all other day-to-day marketing activities in implementing Dutch Chamber’s overall communications- and marketing plan -- to build awareness about Dutch Chamber within the community, and to increase events attendance and online advertising sales.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research, develop and implement new member strategy in line with Dutch Chamber’s requirements and budget.
- Help refine social media strategy and best practices to improve visibility of Dutch Chamber in business community and to strengthen engagement with members
- Develop and actively promote online advertising related to themes (magazine and events)
- Assist in managing social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn,..) and editorial calendar to ensure content is timely, relevant, and engaging
- Assist in organising events for different committees
- Prepare bi-weekly updates and reports to track growth and success rates of communication tools and events
- Keep up to date and informed on new social media trends and adapt accordingly
- Ability to take initiative, employ good judgment, and manage project from beginning to end
- Ability to manage details
- Ability to meet deadlines and to anticipate next steps or needs
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Understands and can utilize emerging platforms, digital media, and web/social media management and measurement tools (e.g. Google Analytics,…)
- Google tracking and analytics experience a plus
- A bachelor’s degree (or currently enrolled last year student) in Communication & MMD, (Digital) Marketing Management, Digital Marketing & Social Media or Commerciele Economie/Digital Marketing get priority
- Good writing and editing skills in English (and Dutch is a pre)
- Full time internship (5 days), no 9 – 5 mentality
- Résumé building experience in marketing and communications management, and other aspects of community relations, inter-cultural marketing, and the Hong Kong business environment.
- Ample network opportunities
- Learn first hand how non-profit member driven organisations operate and what happens behind the scenes
- Get valuable insights into Hong Kong's business industries and about advancing Netherlands - Hong Kong - China business relations
Start date September 2020 or January 2021, commitment for a period of at least 4 months.
COMPENSATION: H$ 3.000,-/month
You will be asked to attach your resume and motivation letter to the application.