The Cocoon HK - Sourcing Manager
The Cocoon HK Ltd. is a sourcing company in ceramics, wooden serve ware and glassware. The products are mainly from China and exporting to the European market, Australia and North America markets are growing.
In order to facilitate the expansion of the business we are now looking for a Sourcing Manager to enforce the sourcing team in our Kwun Tong office in Hong Kong. The candidate should have solid and long experience in ceramic dinnerware. Other categories on the side are also welcome.
- Work closely with the Director / Owner to understand the requirements of different products / projects (e.g. maintaining competitiveness / searching for better price, innovation, quality, delivery, etc)
- Market-orientated prioritization of tasks according to the company’s schedule
- Maintain comprehensive understanding of what kind of sources exist in the region, shortlist and select those that offer competitiveness that fits to our needs
- Maintain sufficient knowledge over ceramic dinnerware products
- Visit and conduct on site audit to evaluate supplier's proficiency on material, production, quality management
- Ensure proper contracting with supplier on price, delivery, quality through agreements
- Conduct negotiation for competitive price offering.
- Conduct direct component cost study with manufacturer to build and maintain market intelligence over components' cost on complete product
- Check sample to set product specification and quality expectation.
- Fully inform Director / Owner regarding all vital aspects of needed solutions (price, quality and delivery). Monitor confirmation and delivery of orders and provide proactive response to any delay or potential delay situation in joint cooperation with the Operations team in the Shenzhen office.
- Work closely with the client and build up a good relation with client
- Understand, stay updated with cost drivers and maintain competitiveness in purchase price/spending
- All the above in joint efforts with the sourcing team members.
- Coach and guide the sourcing team
- Assist Director / Owner in specific tasks.
- 3 years work experience as Sourcing Manager with European/International buying team on retail's direct product procurement
- Experience in Manufacturing / Factory production is highly preferred
- Experience in working in direct sourcing for a retailer would be preferable
- Basic knowledge of European safety standards, norms as well as legal safety norms required in chinese markets
- Understanding of production flow and quality management in a manufacturing environment
- Strong communication skill, strategic sourcing capability and commercial acumen
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking
- Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese, including Mandarin
- Frequent traveling is expected
Salary to be discussed
16 days of annual leave per year
Compensation leave if needed to work in weekend.
Apply by sending your cover letter and resume to : firstname.lastname@example.org attention of Mr. de Smit.