All-round Finance & Admin Officer
About the Dutch Chamber:
The Dutch Chamber of Commerce ("DutchCham"), founded in 1991, is an independent international business association, representing Dutch or Dutch-related companies of all sizes and individuals that have a stake in developing trade in, with, or through Hong Kong. It is a member-driven, non-profit, non-governmental organisation of business people, and sustains itself through membership subscriptions, advertisements and events.
About the role:
The Finance & Admin Officer (“F&A Officer”) reports to the General Manager. The F&A Officer works closely with other members of the DutchCham office team, DutchCham members, external partners and stakeholders. Strong communication skills and the ability to build good relationships are essential. The F&A Officer performs day-to-day finance duties and makes, amongst others, financial and administrative reports.
Primary duties & responsibilities:
- Maintain office services and support the General Manager with the administrative and secretarial tasks associated with running the office
- Arrange and coordinate meetings with internal and external parties
- Perform day-to-day finance duties
- Produce monthly financial and administrative reports, including monthly expense reports in Exact and Excel, monthly bank reconciliation, and membership development
- Support organising events with regards to logistics, registration and catering
- Follow up regularly with (internal) stakeholders to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner and in line with agreements
- Support the website, weekly direct mailings and social media
- Build good relationships with members, the Dutch community, international Chambers, governmental organisations as well as the Consulate General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
- Other ad-hoc projects and tasks as required
Profile & qualifications:
- Degree holder in Accountancy or related discipline with 3+ years experience
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Prior experience as an office assistant or executive assistant
- Experience using financial software and MS Excel skills
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Flexible – no 9 - 5 mentality – and able to adapt easily
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- Good communication skills with tact and diplomacy
- Fluent in both Cantonese and English, Dutch language skills are a plus
- Friendly and multi-cultural working environment
- Exposure to a wide range of different businesses
- Competitive basic salary
- 20 days paid annual leave plus all general HK holidays
How to apply?
If you are interested in this position, please call the Dutch Chamber at +852 2815 2801 and send your motivation letter together with your resume to the General Manager, Muriel Moorrees.