Special Projects Assistant
Dutch Chamber events team is looking for a Special Projects Assistant to help organise our 30th Business Award Ceremony Gala. Are you a keen fresh graduate full of creative ideas to assist the Chamber in branding our celebration, exploring and co-ordinating the execution of the business awards and organising and decorating the actual Gala celebration? Do you like to develop your sales skills in search for sponsoring? Are you hungry to expand your international network?
This temporary intern position might be for you!
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Draft/refine business plan, including budget, for the 30th business award ceremony gala
- Help with organisation and execution of the Business Awards project
- Help with branding, co-ordination, decoration and organisation of the Gala ceremony
- Connect with companies interested to sponsor the 30th anniversary celebration
- Assist in sourcing goods for the charity auction
- Assist in decorating the venue in line with the branding of the gala
- Refine social media strategy to support the business awards ceremony and gala
- Assist in managing content on the Dutch Chamber website, to make it a relevant and engaging outlet for Chamber and Member news
- Assist with the weekly direct mailings (every Mon and Wed), where the events of the Chamber are promoted
- Assist with the events of the Chamber, varying from business seminars to workshops and social cocktails
- HKID holder is mandatory
- Comfortable working in an international environment
- Creative and design skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to take initiative, employ good judgment, and manage project from beginning to end
- Ability to manage details
- Ability to meet deadlines and to anticipate next steps or needs
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Résumé building experience in marketing and project management, and other aspects of community relations, inter-cultural marketing, and the Hong Kong business environment.
- Ample network opportunities
- Learn first hand how non-profit member driven organisations operate and what happens behind the scenes
ABOUT THE DUTCH CHAMBER
The Dutch Chamber of Commerce, founded in 1991, is an independent international business association, representing Dutch or Dutch-related companies of all sizes and individuals that have a stake in developing trade in, with, or through Hong Kong. It is a member-driven, non-profit, non-governmental organisation of business people, and sustains itself through membership subscriptions, advertisements, sponsoring and events.
The Chamber has around 160 companies as member ranging from global market leading multinationals, SMEs and startups.
Position for 6 months: from July until December 2021, 40 hrs p/w
July 2021 – December 2021 (6 months)
COMPENSATION: H$ 6.900,-/month
If you are interested in this position, please send your motivation letter together with your resume to the Marketing & Events Manager Emily Tunderman via email@example.com
18 Harbour Road, Wan Chai